DetailsJOEY NEGROs und DAVE LEEs Z Records Label feiert 2020 seinen 30. Geburtstag. Die Mission ist seit 1990 ganz klar vorgegeben: Aufarbeitung des Underground Dancefloor Sounds ohne dabei kommerzielle Aspekte zu ignorierenn, und es ist gelungen. Für die Compilation von 90’s House & Garage Vol. 2 hat Negro Neil Pierce an Bord geholt.
Founded back in 1990 – celebrating their 30th birthday in 2020 – Z Records has amassed plentiful collection of singles, albums & compilations. Run by Dave Lee aka Joey Negro, the label has enjoyed success through his unique ability to foster the principles of underground dance music whilst also remaining mindful of commercial appeal.
Through his many compilations, Mr. Lee has delved deep into the heart of a specific genre or era and selected lesser-known tracks that give a real insight into the spirit & energy that made that point in time so special. Whether it's GoGo, Brit Funk, Boogie, Italo house or straight up Disco, he has delved deep into his extensive bank of influences and also enlisted the help of some of his most clued-up comrades in offering unforgettable collections of classics.
This time he’s been joined by Neil Pierce as co-compiler for this second collection of their favourite moments across a definitive decade for House & Garage: the 90’s. Volume 2 includes material from Satoshi Tomiie, UFO, Slam Mode, Joi Cardwell and Alexander Hope as well as remixes from Kings of Tomorrow, Kerri Chandler, Marshall Jefferson, Tommy Musto and Smack Productions. The compilation is packed with sultry vocal lines and the sort of slick, irresistible grooves that defined the era.
Dave and Neil have dug out music that may have previously ‘slipped under the radar’ meaning a lot of the tracks included here are being digitised for the very first time.
In searching deeper & wider than the average compilation, the package provides a thorough insight into why this was such a fertile period for production. It gives a nod to the sort of drum patterns, sampling techniques and vocal lines that have inspired the likes of Bicep, Brawther and Huxley amongst many more.
- CD One
- 01 Satoshi Tomiie feat. Diane Charlemagne – Inspired
- 02 United Future Organization - Flying Saucer (Kings of Tomorrow Remix)
- 03 N-Joi – Anthem (Kerri Chandler Distant Run Mix)
- 04 LNR - Reachin' (Vocal Mix)
- 05 Sound Source - A Naked Theme (Source Mix 1)
- 06 Fini Dolo – Blow (Restless Soul Poetic Peak Time Mix)
- 07 Abacus – Moonbeamz
- 08 Glenn Turner - I Need A Lover For Myself (Key Mix)
- 09 Bonnie Byrd - We Can Make It
- 10 Biddu Orchestra – Humanity (Club Mix)
- 11 Screamin’ Rachel - Rock Me (The Marshall Jefferson Deep Underground Dub)
- CD Two
- 01 Martha Wash – Runaround (Tee’s 12” Mix)
- 02 Elé Ferrer - I'll Make U Happy Baby (X-Tended Club Mix)
- 03 Alexander Hope – Share (Tommy Musto's New York Thang Mix)
- 04 Slam Mode - 100% Power
- 05 Alexis P Suter - All Night Long
- 06 Mama's Children feat. Lee Truesdale - Let Us All Be Friends (Colonel Abrams Original Mix)
- 07 Cassio Ware - Makin' Love (Mentalinstrum Remix)
- 08 Kathy Summers - I'm In Love (House of Jazz Mix)
- 09 Donald O – Everything’s Gonna Be Alright
- 10 Joi Cardwell - Run To You (Philip Damien's Extended Vocal Mix)
- 11 Mental Instrum - Music On My Mind (Smack Productions Mix)
- 12 Joey Negro – Take Me Higher
Interpret VARIOUS Genre Disco/Dance Label Z Records Art. Nr. X03226047-3 EAN 5060162575315 Medium CD Set-Inhalt 2 Veröffentlichungsdatum 28.02.2020 FSK Nein Preis-Code BN
Andere Produkte von VARIOUS
VARIOUSPreis 7,99 €
VARIOUSPreis 7,99 €
VARIOUSPreis 24,99 €
VARIOUSPreis 17,99 €