DetailsZwei Alben der American Disco Produzenten Legenden Meco Monardo, Tony Bongiovi und Jay Ellis als Remasters mit Bonus Tracks auf Funky Town Grooves!
Having initially used the name on their 1976 release on Roullette Records, “You’ve Got The Power”, producers Meco Monardo, Tony Bongiovi and Jay Ellis (a/k/a DCA Productions), opened their own label in 1977 "Honey Bee Recors". Which was to be distributed by "Prelude Records". (I know... Prelude’s history starts pretty long before most of us want to remember) I know that those names which were responsible for Gloria Gaynor’s “Never Can Say Goodbye” and “Experience” LPs, between 1 and 2 years prior, very-well made anyone who was paying any attention to sit-up and take notice. If you take the Philly sound out-of-the-mix; DCA Productions was the 1st outfit to take a good-hold of the American Disco scene. Giving the entire genre a definitive starting point from which to grow. But something happened... Very shortly after it surfaced, "Honey Bee Recors" disappeared. With not even so-much-as a rumored explanation. It just kinda happened... Then it was gone. (yes, Meco... people like myself and every DJ knew, noticed it and were sad that it was over...) But in that 1, lone year, the boys kicked out 2 great LPs and several great 45s. Providing different sides to the DCA production team’s sound.
- 01. A Disco Symphony/MacArthur Park - Camoflage feat. Mysti
- 02. Take a Ride - Camoflage feat. Mysti
- 03. Bee Sting - Camoflage feat. Mysti
- 04. What’s Your Name - Showdown feat. Sampson
- 05. Walkin’ In Music - Showdown feat. Sampson
- 06. Gotta Get Into You/Lay, Lady, Lay - Showdown feat. Sampson
- 07. Keep Doin' It - Showdown feat. Sampson
- 08. Freaky - Showdown feat. Sampson
- 09. Come Down In Time - Showdown feat. Sampson
- 10. Let’s Make A Deal - Showdown feat. Sampson
- 11. Take A Ride (45) - Camoflage feat. Mysti
- 12. The Impulse (45) - Showdown feat. Sampson
Interpret MECO Genre Soul Label Funky Town Grooves Art. Nr. X50116552-2 EAN 5060196461073 Medium CD Set-Inhalt 1 Veröffentlichungsdatum 08.12.2017 FSK Nein Preis-Code AM30